As good as it gets....


I’ve spent the majority of my life trying to reach the ideal figure, the ideal look, the ideal life…

But one thought just stopped me short. I am in the prime of my life. This is the peak. All my childhood was spent preparing for this. Then it hit me…that’s what my parents taught me wrong… “Study now, you have all your life to have fun….”, “don’t party, you can do that once you are married…”, “focus on your career, you have all your life ahead to enjoy…”

Or maybe they taught me well for that time, but I didnt stop following their advice when I should have.

I am still in that preperatory mode. Preparing for the good life, the great figure... Those moments spent preparing for a better tomorrow was my life. Today IS my life. You can’t spend all your life preparing for it. When does one stop preparing and start living?

Don’t get me wrong. I will be eternally grateful to my parents for controlling me in the delicate age when I could have strayed and spoilt my life easily.

But now my life is on a track. Whether I like the track or not is not important here. What is important is that I can’t spend my life waiting for the good days to start, so that I can live.

I can’t wait for my waist to be 26 inches again, before I buy another pair of jeans....

Whatever it is, whatever my life is , whatever I look like, this IS my life. And if I don’t start living it, it will be over before I know it. So I am stopping preparing for the future, and starting living.

No comments: