Our love is dead

I dial your number, no one answers
It’s insistent shrill ringing unheard
You are now out of my reach
You have left to start anew with someone new

You moved on with your life, without saying anything
While I am still rooted in our past
Unable to break away and move on
Not sure, what really went wrong

My friends commend the way I am living life
No one will ever see the hurt I hide inside
The tears locked inside, where no one can see
That I died, when you left me

I will continue to live from day to day
Making a success of this life in every way
Waiting, hoping that one day you will come back
Knowing, even if you do, our love is already dead


~ Anamika


© 2007 Anamika

Creative Commons License

Our love is dead by Anamika is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

No comments: